Newsletter for the Fourth Sunday of Trinity
19th Jun 2016
THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, CROMER STREET, LONDON WC1H 8JU.
THE FOURTH SUNDAY OF TRINITY: JESUS HEALS THE DEMON POSSESSED.
HYMNS FOR THIS MORNING’S MASS: 353 216 295 Lord for the Years
READINGS FOR THIS MORNING’S MASS: Isaiah 65.1-9; Galatians 3.23-29; Luke 8.26-39.
PRAY FOR THOSE IN NEED: Jill Mitra, Daniel, Sylvia and Michael Reynolds, Leonard Godfrey, Katharine Redgrave, William and Erlinda Pittard, John Joshua, Fr Bill Kirkpatrick, Emmanuel Amui, Bridie Horgan, Sean Merrick, Michael,
Fr Robert Norwood.
IN MEMORIAM: Fr John Hughes, Priest; Sarah Mbabazi.
RIP: Jo Cox, MP. The victims of the Orlando massacre.
MASSES THIS WEEK: (19th June to 26th June)
Wednesday 6 pm
St Alban, First British Martyr.
Thursday 6 pm
St Etheldreda, Abbess of Ely.
Friday 12 45 pm
The Birthday of St John the Baptist.
Sunday Parish Mass 11 am
The Fifth Sunday of Trinity
Celebrant and Preacher:
The Rev’d. Jim Linthicum,
Chaplain, Great Ormond Street
NOTICES THIS WEEK:
1. THERE WILL BE A RECEPTION AFTER THIS SERVICE for our churchwarden Peter Lowe’s 65th anniversary of service to this church. Please pray for him this morning as we thank God for his dedication and faithfulness.
2. ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD TOMORROW, MONDAY 20TH JUNE AT 7 pm of Fr Guy Willis at St Alban’s Church Holborn EC1N 7RD for the Solemnity of St Alban the Martyr by the Bishop of Fulham. All are welcome to attend.
3. LONDON CHURCHES REFUGEE FUND holds its Annual General meeting with keynote speaker, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop Rowan Williams this Tuesday 21st June at 6 30 pm (Refreshments at 6 pm) at St Martin’s Church, Vicar’s Road, NW5 4NL. Contact the organisers on www.help4refugees.co.uk if you would like to go.
4. SOUTH CAMDEN DEANERY SYNOD MEETS IN THIS CHURCH this Wednesday 22nd June at 7 pm and we will need to provide a good buffet supper with coffee and wine and we are asking for a small group to take this on. All are welcome to attend this important meeting whose key speaker is Andy Bracknell, who will address us on the theme “Change is Good – How to do it”. The Deanery Synod brings together representatives from eighteen parishes, including local chaplains.
5. HOLY CROSS CONFIRMATION CLASS will be meeting on Thursday of next week (30th June) at 7 pm at the Vicarage. The class also doubles as a refresher course in The Christian Faith. This session: “The Holy Spirit”. Please pray for this group; for Andrew, Anna, Emma, Thomas, Jade, Jaiden, Joyce and Jonas.
6. P A C T S LEAFLETS FOR INDIVIDUAL GUIDED PRAYER AND PARISH MONTHLY INTERCESSIONS BOOKLETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. You can also find these aids to prayer on the Parish website.
7. SERMONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Please take ONE copy from the plastic folders. Each pack contains several! A backlist of sermons can be found on the parish website.
8. ALL CRYPT AND CHURCH BOOKINGS can be made by contacting the parish priest, Fr Christopher Cawrse on 020 7278 6263.
9. A WARM WELCOME TO OUR VISITORS THIS MORNING. Tea and freshly brewed coffee and cake are served at the back of church after this service. Please do stay and join us.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THOSE TO BE ORDAINED IN THE COMING DAYS AND ESPECIALLY FOR FR GUY WILLIS, TO BE ORDAINED PRIEST BY THE BISHOP OF FULHAM TOMORROW AT ST ALBAN’S HOLBORN AND GARETH DAVIES TO BE ORDAINED DEACON BY THE BISHOP OF SOUTHWARK THIS SATURDAY AT 11 am
AT SOUTHWARK CATHEDRAL.
Newsletter for the Third Sunday of Trinity
12th Jun 2016