Newsletter for the Third Sunday of Trinity
12th Jun 2016
THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, CROMER STREET, LONDON WC1H 8JU.
THE THIRD SUNDAY OF TRINITY: THE WOMAN ANOINTS JESUS WITH HER HAIR.
HYMNS FOR THIS MORNING’S MASS: 232 375 393 436
READINGS FOR THIS MORNING’S MASS: 2 Samuel 11.26-12.10, 13-15; Galatians 2.15-21; Luke 7.36-8.3.
PRAY FOR THOSE IN NEED: Jill Mitra, Daniel, Sylvia and Michael Reynolds, Leonard Godfrey, Katharine Redgrave, William and Erlinda Pittard, John Joshua, Fr Bill Kirkpatrick, Emmanuel Amui, Bridie Horgan, Sean Merrick, Michael,
Fr Robert Norwood.
IN MEMORIAM: Elsie Simon.
Anne McKay Dalton.
MASSES THIS WEEK: (12th June to 19th June)
Wednesday 6 pm
Evelyn Underhill, spiritual writer.
Thursday 6 pm
St Richard, Bishop of Chichester
Friday 12 45 pm
Samuel and Henrietta Barnett
Saturday 10 30 am
Bernard Mizeki, Apostle of the Mashona, Martyr.
Sunday Parish Mass 11 am
The Fourth Sunday of Trinity
NOTICES THIS WEEK:
1. HOLY CROSS CONFIRMATION CLASS will be meeting on Tuesday of this week at 7 pm at the Vicarage. The class also doubles as a refresher course in The Christian Faith. This Week: “Jesus”. Please pray for this group; for Andrew, Anna, Emma, Thomas, Joyce and Jonas. Please note change of time as Wednesday evening is wedding rehearsal time.
2. FORWARD NOTICE OF A RECEPTION IN CHURCH AFTER THE PARISH MASS this coming Sunday, 19th June for Peter Lowe’s 65th anniversary of service to this church.
3. LONDON CHURCHES REFUGEE FUND holds its Annual General meeting with keynote speaker, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop Rowan Williams on Tuesday 21st June at 6 30 pm (Refreshments at 6 pm) at St Martin’s Church, Vicar’s Road, NW5 4NL. Contact the organisers on www.help4refugees.co.uk if you would like to go.
4. SOUTH CAMDEN DEANERY SYNOD MEETS IN THIS CHURCH on Wednesday 22nd June at 7 pm and we will need to provide a good buffet supper with coffee and wine and we are asking for a small group to take this on. All are welcome to attend this important meeting whose key speaker is Andy Bracknell, who will address us on the theme “Change is Good – How to do it”. The Deanery Synod brings together representatives from eighteen parishes, including local chaplains.
5. P A C T S LEAFLETS FOR INDIVIDUAL GUIDED PRAYER AND PARISH MONTHLY INTERCESSIONS BOOKLETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. You can also find these aids to prayer on the Parish website.
6. SERMONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Please take ONE copy from the plastic folders. Each pack contains several! A backlist of sermons can be found on the parish website.
7. ALL CRYPT AND CHURCH BOOKINGS can be made by contacting the parish priest, Fr Christopher Cawrse on 020 7278 6263.
8. A WARM WELCOME TO OUR VISITORS THIS MORNING. Tea and freshly brewed coffee and cake are served at the back of church after this service. Please do stay and join us.
Please pray for Charles Noguera and Tanya Lambert (our friends from Gibraltar) who are to be married in this church
this Thursday 16th June at 2 pm. Members of the Holy Cross congregation are welcome to attend this service.