Newsletter for the Fourth Sunday of Epiphany
27th Jan 2019
THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, CROMER STREET, LONDON WC1H 8JU.
THE FOURTH SUNDAY OF EPIPHANY : JESUS IS THE FULFILMENT OF SCRIPTURE.
HYMNS FOR THIS PARISH MASS: 362 381 295 408
READINGS FOR THIS PARISH MASS: Nehemiah 8.1-3, 5-6, 8-10; 1 Corinthians 12.12-31a; Luke 4.14-21.
PRAY FOR THOSE IN NEED: Jill Mitra, Daniel,
John Joshua, Alma Godfrey, Geraldine Taylor,
Sylvia and Emmanuel Amui, Marybel Moore,
IN MEMORIAM: Gavin Stamp, Patrick Pearce,
Monsignor Graham Leonard, Fr Terence Clune,
Reggie Kreeft, James Tarrant, George Cole,
Brian Lay, Priest, Rosa O’Brien.
RIP: Emeliano Sala, David Ibbotson.
MASSES THIS WEEK (27th January 3rd February)
Wednesday 6pm Charles I, King and Martyr
Thursday 6 pm St John Bosco, Priest
Friday 12 45 pm Brigid, Abbess of Kildare
Saturday 10 30 am
NEXT SUNDAY’S PARISH MASS
3rd February at 11 am (Candlemass)
The Feast of the Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
NOTICES THIS WEEK :
1. CAMDEN COLDWEATHER NIGHT SHELTER (C4WS) 2019 – This charity offers shelter and bed and breakfast in seven of our local churches to homeless persons during the cold Winter months. Our own volunteers from Holy Cross will operate from St George’s Church, Bloomsbury. There is a sheet at the back of church for you to sign (in groups of no more than three persons per Sunday) on the following Sundays in the New Year – This Sunday 3rd February and 17th of February and then Sundays 3rd, 17th and 24th March. Come and help prepare and serve breakfast! We leave Holy Cross Church for St George’s on each Sunday at 6 30 am.
2. PARISH LUNCH CLUB MEETS THIS SATURDAY 2nd FEBRUARY FOR A DELICIOUS HOME COOKED TWO COURSE LUNCH IN THE CRYPT AT 1 PM. COST £4 EACH. ALL WELCOME.
3. IN RESPONSE TO OUR RECENT DISCUSSION REGARDING KING’S CROSS CHURCH (KXC) we are planning to attend their evening act of worship with KXC this evening, Sunday 27th January. We will leave Holy Cross Church at 6 pm for 6 30 pm worship at the Ethiopian Church, Pentonville Road N1 9NJ. Please sign the list at the back of church if you are able to come.
4. THE BISHOP OF LONDON, THE RT.REV’D.DAME SARAH MULLALLY will be visiting Holy Cross Church as part of her visitation of King’s Cross parishes this Tuesday 29th January. She will be making a progress and should be with us at around 12 noon.. A simple lunch will be served for local clergy and community leaders here in church at around 1 15 pm. Churchwardens and PCC members will attend and it would be good to have as many members of the congregation to meet Bishop Sarah as possible.
5. P A C T S LEAFLETS FOR INDIVIDUAL GUIDED PRAYER AND PARISH MONTHLY INTERCESSIONS BOOKLETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Both are available on the parish website (see above).
6. COPIES OF SERMONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Please take ONE copy from the plastic folders. Each pack contains several! A backlist of sermons can be found on the parish website.
7. ALL CRYPT AND CHURCH BOOKINGS can be made by contacting the Parish Priest, Fr Christopher Cawrse on 020 7278 6263.
8. A WARM WELCOME TO OUR VISITORS THIS MORNING. Tea/Freshly brewed coffee and home-made cake is served at the back of church after this service. Do stay for a short while and meet everyone.
INVITATIONS GO OUT HIS MORNING TO ALL OUR MEMBERS WHO CAN COME TO
CHURCH ON TUESDAY OF THIS WEEK, 29TH JANUARY FROM 12 NOON
TO WELCOME THE BISHOP OF LONDON, THE RT. REV’D. DAME SARAH MULLALLY.
(TO BE FOLLOWED BY A SOUP AND SANDWICHES AT 1 30PM).