Newsletter for Passion Sunday (Lent 5) 2019
Posted on the 7th Apr 2019 in the category Sermons
THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, CROMER STREET, LONDON WC1H 8JU.
THE FIFTH SUNDAY OF LENT : PASSION SUNDAY
HYMNS FOR THIS PARISH MASS: 92 86 omm vv. 4 and 6 84 95
READINGS FOR THIS PARISH MASS: Isaiah 43.16-21; Philippians 3.4b-14; John 12.1-8.
PRAY FOR THOSE IN NEED: Jill Mitra, Daniel,
John Joshua, Alma Godfrey, Geraldine Taylor,
Emmanuel Amui, Hannah Isaacson, Zoe Isaacson
and Leon Campbell, Lawrence Isaacson, Joan Mitchell,
Marianna Sagovsky, Lula Weldegebriel, Rupert Hoare,
Frank Taubner, Candace, Jan, Mary Ford.
IN MEMORIAM: Amanda Corme, Norman Jackson,
Elizabeth Handy, Adrian Duke.
RIP: Sylvia Amui, John Ford.
MASSES THIS WEEK (7th to 14th April)
Wednesday 6 pm
Thursday 6 pm
Friday 12 45 pm
Friday Stations of the Cross at 6 pm
Saturday 10 30 am
NEXT SUNDAY’S PARISH MASS
14th April at 11 am
Palm Sunday with Blessing and Procession of Palms.
Followed by Final Lenten Bible Study at 12 30 pm.
NOTICES THIS WEEK
We welcome this morning Mr Sudjadi Widjaja, an emerging artist based in London who has kindly loaned his painting “I Died for You” for our St Peter Chapel for an (as yet) indefinite period. We thank him for this great trust and pray that his painting may move us, uplift us and encourage us as we offer the sacrifice of the Mass in this holy place.
1. OUR PARISH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING takes place after this Parish Mass beginning at 12 30 pm prompt. At this meeting we will be electing churchwardens and Parochial Church Council (PCC) for the coming year, reviewing the past year and planning ahead. All who are currently on the parish’s electoral roll may attend and vote (see list at the back of church). Nomination forms are available today for nominations for churchwardens and also to the PCC. Existing PCC members must fill in their nomination papers for the consideration of the Annual General Meeting.
2. THE FIFTH AND FINAL OF OUR LENTEN BIBLE STUDY GROUPS “WHEN I SURVEY – CHRIST’S CROSS AND OURS” TAKES PLACE THIS COMING SUNDAY, PALM SUNDAY at 12 30 pm and will be led by Charles Cannabanya. It is entitled ‘Touching the Rock’. A simple bread and soup lunch will be served and all are welcome. Please note that this morning is the Parish’s Annual General Meeting and so there will be no Bible Study.
3. A LEAFLET WITH HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SERVICE DETAILS is available this morning with full details of Holy Week and Easter Services. Please do take your leaflet home with you.
4. THE REVISION OF THE PARISH’S ELECTORAL ROLL. The revision of the Parish Electoral Roll has now taken place and a full list of members for 2019-2020 is posted on the notice board on the south side of the church. We have a new electoral roll membership of 78 persons.
6. P A C T S LEAFLETS FOR INDIVIDUAL GUIDED PRAYER AND PARISH MONTHLY INTERCESSIONS BOOKLETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Both are available on the parish website (see above).
7. COPIES OF SERMONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Please take ONE copy from the plastic folders. Each pack contains several! A backlist of sermons can be found on the parish website.
8. ALL CRYPT AND CHURCH BOOKINGS can be made by contacting the Parish Priest, Fr Christopher Cawrse on 020 7278 6263.
9. A WARM WELCOME TO OUR VISITORS THIS MORNING. Tea/Freshly brewed coffee is served at the back of church after this service. Do stay for a short while and meet everyone.