Newsletter for the Second Sunday of Epiphany
Posted on the 14th Jan 2018 in the category Events
THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, CROMER STREET, LONDON WC1H 8JU.
THE SECOND SUNDAY OF EPIPHANY: BELIEVING IN JESUS.
HYMNS FOR THIS PARISH MASS: 374 55 48 235
READINGS FOR THIS PARISH MASS: 1 Samuel 3.1-10; Revelation 5.1-10; John 1 43-51.
PRAY FOR THOSE IN NEED: Jill Mitra, Daniel, John Joshua, Bonnie Crawford, Alma Godfrey, Anna Fox, Jennifer Josephs, John Marshall, David Bradley, Fr Philip Warner, Sylvia and Emmanuel Amui, Jonathon Taylor, Shakti Shah, Geraldine Taylor.
IN MEMORIAM: Neil Barratt, Donald Webster, Mila Kronodov, James Lowe, Shirley Proctor, Thomas Lyden,
RIP: Celia Marshall, Fr Bill Kirkpatrick, Juliet Brittain.
MASSES THIS WEEK (14th to 21st January)
Wednesday 6 pm St Anthony of Egypt.
Thursday 6 pm Charles Gore, Bishop.
Friday 12 45 pm St Wulfstan, Bishop.
Saturday 10 30 am St Sebastian, Martyr.
Next Sunday 21st January.
Parish Mass at 11 am.
Third Sunday of Epiphany.
NOTICES THIS WEEK
1.VOLUNTEERING IN 2018 - COOKING BREAKFAST FOR THE CAMDEN COLD WEATHER NIGHTSHELTER. OUR FIRST VOLUNTEERING SUNDAY IS THIS COMING SUNDAY, 21ST JANUARY. WE MEET AT 6 30 AM OUTSIDE THIS CHURCH! Our commitment to the Shelter, based at St George’s Church, Bloomsbury, is to cook and serve breakfast for fifteen or so overnight homeless guests during the Winter period. We will meet outside church and leave promptly at 6 30 am. Please sign the list at the back of church if you can commit to any of the remaining Sundays:
Sunday 28th January
Sunday 18th February
Sunday 4th March
Sunday 18th March
2. FORWARD NOTICE – LENTEN SPONSORED WALK AROUND THE CHURCHES OF THE SOUTH CAMDEN DEANERY on Saturday March 10th 2018 from 11 am. We hope to raise money to purchase a new Paschal Candle Stand and to donate the remaining monies to the Camden Cold Weather Night Shelter (C4WS). Please let Fr Christopher know if you would like a sponsor form. The route is yet to be finally plotted, but we aim to walk south to St Alban’s Church Holborn and then north to St Anne’s Church Highgate and returning via St Martin’s, Kentish Town, St Luke’s Kentish Town and St Michael’s Camden Town to Holy Cross Church via churches along the Euston Road (St Mary Magdalene’s and St Pancras, Euston Road).
3. THE NEXT PCC MEETING meets in church after the Parish Mass on Sunday 4th February 2018.
4. IMPORTANT FORWARD NOTICE - THE DATE OF OUR PARISH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING IS SUNDAY 22ND APRIL 2018 AFTER THE PARISH MASS.
5. P A C T S LEAFLETS FOR INDIVIDUAL GUIDED PRAYER AND PARISH MONTHLY INTERCESSIONS BOOKLETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. You can also find these aids to prayer on the Parish website.
6. COPIES OF SERMONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BACK OF CHURCH. Please take ONE copy from the plastic folders. Each pack contains several! A backlist of sermons can be found on the parish website.
7. ALL CRYPT AND CHURCH BOOKINGS can be made by contacting the Parish Priest, Fr Christopher Cawrse on 020 7278 6263
8. A WARM WELCOME TO OUR VISITORS THIS MORNING. Tea/Freshly brewed coffee is served at the back of church after this service. Do stay awhile and meet everyone.
Copies of the scripture readings for each Sunday are now available in BIG PRINT for those who need this.
OUR THANKS TO THE ROYAL PHYSIOLOGICAL SOCIETY, WHO HAVE MADE A GENEROUS
DONATION OF TABLES AND CHAIRS FOR OUR CHURCH.